DIY | Honey, Egg and Olive Oil Hair Mask

This is a really easy and affordable way to give your hair a deep treatment!

These three simple ingredients that you can find in your own pantry are not just good for eating but also have amazing benefits for skin and hair.

Apply this mask at least once a week and you will have beautiful, shiny and healthy hair!

Ingredients:

1. 2 Eggs
  2. 1 Tablespoon of Honey
  3. 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil

What To Do:

1. Mix two whole eggs with two tablespoons of olive oil. Add in the honey and mix until creamy.
  2. Smooth through from roots to ends of your hair until completely covered. Cover your hair with a plastic wrap or shower cap and leave for one hour. Rinse with warm water and shampoo until hair is no longer sticky. Use conditioner if necessary. The mixture will only be sticky until you rinse it out and once it’s out your hair will feel so soft and conditioned!
  3. Get ready to have smooth and healthy looking hair!

xoxo,

Britanie

Find Me On…

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | PHOTOGRAPHY | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM

*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only recommend products that I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith unless stated otherwise.*

Comments

1. I will definitely try this one!

2. I hope to try this out, thanks for the recipe! I have a hair mask i recently bought from beyas.ca, Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Mask, it has worked really well but it’s pricey so I’m getting into homemade recipes to make it last.

3. thank you for the info, sounds good, I will try this as soon as I can, I use another good one that has worked well for my hair, it’s pro naturals moroccan argan oil hair mask and leaves my hair pretty and healthy. :)

• Your very welcome! Please let me know what you think if you try it out!! I love argan oil hair masks! I just think it’s fun to play around with ingredients you can find at home! so affordable and really fun.

4. Can you please check your links? Sorry for going off topic but diy beauty | honey, egg and olive oil hair mask Beauty By Britanie and hair health and beauty keeps redirecting me.

5. I am trying it right now, hope it works out!!

6. Gonna try it tomorrow coz i adore beautiful hair. The day after tomorrow is the first day of my job). Hope i’ll have nice hair to impress everyone there.

7. Anonymous says:

I’m trying this out now, except I got the recipe from a different site, it just said one egg, one tbs honey and one tbs olive oil. Hopefully it works! My hair is HORRIBLE!

• Hey, you could use one or two eggs or one tbs of olive oil but it depends on how deep of a mask you want and how long your hair is. I prefer two eggs and two tablespoons of olive oil – you can adjust it to your preference though!

8. So I did this, just waiting to rinse.

9. can i use egg and honey only? without olive oil?

• yes you can, though I would recommend some type of oil for more deep conditioning. you could substitute the olive oil for jojoba or sweet almond. Honey and egg would be fine on it’s own though!

10. Do you warm up the olive oil first?

11. hey guys! i did this treatment yesterday and i’d love to share my results(i know this is very long but i hope it can help someone)! i have very long (down to my belly button) and extreamly thick hair. it is naturally brunette, however, i color the ends pink. they are very dry and i have awful split ends (i haven’t gotten my hair cut in a little over a year). i as looking fr something that would really deeply moisturize my hair and make it soft. i used two eggs, one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of olive oil and used my hands to put the mixture in my hair from root to tip (focusing on my ends b/c thats where the most moisture is needed) i then wrapped my hair in a towel and left it in for about 45 minutes. at the end of that time i hopped in the shower and used my Aussie confidently clean shampoo to rinse it out (had to shampoo it about 3 or 4 times to get all of the stuff out) and then used the Aussie confidently clean conditioner and combed my hair out with a wide tooth comb (in the shower, while the conditioner was in). then i rinsed all of the product out of my hair and got out of the shower. i left my hair in a towel for about 10 min just to get some of the water out of my hair so it wasnt dripping wet, and then i blow dried it about halfway dry. then i put in about a quarter sized amount of Chi Silk infusion oil and brushed that evenly throughout my hair. then i allowed my hair to air dry.

today my hair is feeling VERY soft and looking much healthier. i woud strongly suggest this treatment and i will probably start doing it once every two weeks to give my hair an extra boost.

12. Hello! This looks great and I am looking forward to trying it. But I have a question, could you substitute coconut oil in for the olive oil? Would it be better? What do you think? Thank you!

13. I must say I was a little skeptical. I have never taken a spa like treatment from the internet and bring it to life. My hair is a little tricky to deal with. I did this hair mask because I was getting split ends since re-growing my hair out for this past year, for I had a Mohawk last year, and I must say you would foolish not try this amazing hair mask! :D It’s absolutely brilliant!

14. Anonymous says:

do you have to use egg?

15. Anonymous says:

I am sitting right now, with a plastic bag on my head, hoping for the best but expecting the worse…

16. Anonymous says:

I am a black woman and I’ve tried this and can say that this really works immediately, usually when I comb my hair after a deep conditioner lots of dead hair falls out, but not this time. My hair feels like silk and I am loving the results. Thanks for sharing.

17. Anonymous says:

does your hair need to be wet or dry before you put this on?

18. Anonymous says:

does it smell bad?

19. Apply on wet or dry hair?

20. I added 4 drops of Young Living Peace & Calm essential oil to give a heavenly smell! Love this!

21. Victoria says:

I was skeptical to try this because I was scared it would mess up my hair. But I followed the recipe and left it in for about 50 minutes and washed my hair with my Moroccan shampoo about 3 times and then used my conditioner. Let my hair dry and then straightened it and wow. What an amazing difference! My hair is super shiny and soft!!! I will be doing this treatment often. I’m in love with my new hair!

22. I just made the mixture and I am about to try it out in my hair. It looks so gross haha

23. Hey guys :D I just do it right now :D I have a long big wavy hair. Long time ago I’ve tried egg mask, but I can’t stand the smell. Now, I mixed it with honey and olive oil like your suggestion and I don’t smell any egg. I hope it will give me a good result cause I have a really dry hair. Since I was a child I’ve already got a dry hair, but I made it worse by smoothing it 6 years ago and my hair never back as it used to be since then (which I regret). I hope this recipe will make my hair better and healthier cause I always jealous when I see girls with beautiful hair :D

24. Anonymous says:

Can I use vegetable oil instead of olive oil?

25. can i use coconut oil instead of olive oil??? :/

26. Have it on right now :)

27. AMAZING! I had so much frizz and this totally does it…now my stringy Asian hair doesn’t look like a dried poof of straw… the cool thing is my hair absorbed it all… so one rinse with water was enough! I guess my hair was super dry… thanks!!!

28. LaBria Brumfield says:

Can I substitute the olive oil with coconut ,joboa or almond oil ?

29. Ashley Bozekowski says:

Would it be ok to put this on dirty hair? Or should I wash it before?

30. Can I use vegetable oil instead of olive oil?

31. Hi everybody,

My hair is so short and instead I used 1 egg, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of biological honey. Well if I’m honest I was hungry and after half of the honey tablespoon was poured in I put spoon in my mouth, and Yum! My mixture has been in my hair for nearly 10 mins, and shall leave this for an hour.

32. Nice post. You can use 1 tsp of lemon juice if you have scalp infections and a piece of camphor for good aroma. You can use coconut milk for smoothing your hair. Add 1 tsp of honey to the coconut milk and stir it to mix honey well and apply the mix to your hair and wait for an hour and rinse with cool water. This makes your hair healthy and smooth.

33. I have very curly, frizzy hair, and it has been a challenge for me to find products that reduce frizz while not making my hair feel “crunchy.” My hair dresser started using the Shielo Restoration Oil in my hair after I dry it – and the result is very smooth curls. I really like the Shielo Oil and it smells delicious. I would recommend for anyone with dry or curly hair.

34. roberta says:

Try avacado oil instead it washes out better than any other oil

35. Anonymous says:

I used vegetable oil instead…is that okay?

36. Anonymous says:

i was very scared to do this i have very fine hair that always broke off in the back since i have been using this my has grown in the back and i look like i have a full head of hair

37. Hi britanie. ..my hair r fine very dry da scalp is like very itchy sometimes since I’ve got dermatitis on my body..m loosing my hair very first ,even I could c my hair in my house here and there..my doctor says u Allergic to eggs !!!…I found your this post I was very happy to find da solution for hair loss and dry hair …but i am not sure if am Allergic to egg shall I use it or not ..Please reply…m loosing my hair I used to have long hair like yu ..but since these Allergies has hit me I’ve cut them down cz of fast hair loss n dry scalp !!!

38. I’m planning on trying this, but will it mess up my newly dyed blue hair??
    Yesterday, I had a hair disaster! I bleached my hair and it came out terrible, my hair was extremely dry and it was breaking very bad, this is the worst my hair has ever been. So, today I had my boyfriend’s mom fix my hair because it was multiple colors, the bleach didn’t get out some of the purple, so my hair was blonde, grey, pink and purple. We decided that she was going to do a bleach bath and dye my hair blue, I was a little skeptical on it, because I was worried that it would fry it even more, but for some reason my hair turned out to be softer. I have been looking all day for some sort of DIY mask because I am so terrified my hair will continue to break off. Please respond to my question, thanks!

39. Need answer ASAP! says:

Does using eggs make your hair smell? And can I use vegetable oil in stead of olive oil? And is using honey, sticky and hard to get out? Sorry for so many questions but it’s my Birthday in a few days and I’d like to have beautiful, silky, and shining hair.:) Please reply as soon as possible!!!! Thanks!

• No it will not make your hair smell and the honey won’t be sticky once you wash it out! Just make sure to shampoo and condition after. Happy birthday :)

40. Is it necessary to use conditioner after?

Trackbacks

1. [...] day. I like to do a deep treatment as well (once every few weeks) and for this I love to use my Honey, Egg and Olive Oil Hair Mask or just plain Coconut [...]