“Take time to stop and smell the roses.”
I have always had an affinity towards roses. They are my favorite flower in the world and the sight and smell of a rose can instantly brighten my mood. Over the years I have learned and discovered so many different uses for Roses and use it in my every day life. I have been meaning to dedicate an entire blog post to the many uses and after receiving a huge bag of organic Rose buds and petals decided it was time to let everyone in on one of my biggest beauty and health secrets!
In one of the flower’s earliest uses for beauty, the ancient Greeks and Romans used rose petals to perfume their baths. They highly valued roses and also decorated the floors of their banquet halls with rose petals. In distilled forms, roses have been included in cosmetics, medicines and therapeutic treatments for centuries. Rose petals are a staple in Ayurvedic medicine to detoxify and calm the mind and body. Many beauty products today are now embracing Rose as an ingredient. Listed as rose water, rose distillate, rose essential oil, rosehip seed oil, this beautiful and fragrant flower helps to replenish and beautify the skin, hair, nails and entire body.
- Rosewater is a natural toner. Use with a cotton ball and wipe face to remove dirt and makeup. Helps to tighten pores!
- The natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin which helps to keep the skin feeling smooth and soft. The sugars in rose petals make it perfect for those with sensitive skin as it instantly creates a soothing feeling.
- Using a few drops of rosewater in bath water will make your skin glow.
- The Anti-Bacterial properties in Rose makes it amazing for fighting acne and breakouts.
- Anti-Inflammatory properties help to soothe irritation skin and redness. Its calming properties can also help sooth rosecea and eczema.
- Due to the high amount of Vitamin C found in Roses it is a wonderful Antioxidant that can help protect skin cells from damage due to sun.
- Great for under eye area to combat dark circles.
- Rosewater has natural conditioning properties which makes it wonderful to use in your hair. Add a few drops of rosewater to your shampoo or conditioner.
- Helps aid hair growth.
How I use Roses in my beauty routine:
I use Rosewater every day, without fail. It is a must have product for me. I use it to spray on my face throughout the day. I use it as a makeup setting spray and I also use it as a toner. It instantly makes my face glow and helps to moisturize my dry skin. I will often use it on my entire body after showering and also I add a few sprays of rosewater to my hair when damp. I recently started to use Roses in a face mask recipe I am absolutely loving and will be doing a blog post on soon!
- When used aromatically, rose calms and soothes the mind.
- Drinking a cup of rose tea a day can help combat depression and anxiety.
- Helps to strengthen the digestive tract and the stomach lining. It aids in eliminating toxic waste in both the small and large intestines.
- Rose tea can help combat Chronic Fatigue and Insomnia.
- The very scent of Rose can arouse you and therefor is helpful for boosting the Libido.
- Rose tea has the ability to assist in clearing the Urinary Tract of toxic nitrogenous wastes which in turn can reduce the potential risk for UTI’s, Bladder and Kidney Infections.
- Works as an anti-spasmodic and efficiently relieves spasm in respiratory system, intestines and muscular spasms in limbs.
- Helps regulate and balance hormonal production.
- Promotes circulation, takes care of heart, reduces blood pressure and helps cure headaches, asthma and certain infections.
How I use Roses in my health routine:
I drink 1-2 cups of Rose tea a day. One usually in mid-afternoon and one before bed. It helps to calm anxiety immediately. The aroma of the Roses instantly calms my mind and makes me feel happier. I personally love the taste of Roses and I don’t mind the some-what perfume taste that it has because I find it so delicious. If you find that the taste is too much for you, I recommend watering it down or adding some Honey to sweeten it. You can also add Rose Petals to other teas. I love to mix Rose petals in my Green or Black teas. It’s also wonderful with Rooibos tea! So many antioxidants all in one cup of tea! I also love to use Rose as a natural perfume, especially before going to sleep.
Have you ever used Rosewater or had Rose Tea? I’d love to know your favorite ways to include Rose into your daily routine!
Find Me On…
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only recommend products that I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith*