I don’t know what it is but lately I just can’t seem to get enough of Rose. Rose tea, Rose water, Rose oil, Rose-scented anything (as long as it’s not that artificial smelling rose – eek). I actually dedicated an entire post to my love for roses called “Beauty and health benefits of roses”. I shared the benefits of this beautiful flower but wanted to reiterate some of the many amazing benefits of smelling, drinking, bathing and moisturizing in this flower…
Aside from providing an aesthetic appeal, which contributes to the overall pleasure and feeling of well being, roses have a genuine practical use in our regimens of good health. Rose oil and rose water are derived from the flowers and rose hips have many valuable properties.
Roses are widely considered the most beautiful flowers in the world. The flower is an integral part of innumerable stories, legends, myths and legacies. With its varied colors, incomparable fragrance and range of shapes and sizes, you can find one for every mood and occasion. People who do not know about any of its medicinal properties can still tell you of one undeniable property; a beautiful, red rose can invoke romantic feelings in even the hardest of hearts.
Heritage Rose Water – The most affordable and refreshing facial water. I use this every day, all day.
R.L. Linden & Co La Balmba Rose Healing Rose Balm - I can’t seem to use any other lip balm besides this lately. It’s just so good. My lips crave it. I use it every day and night and my lips haven’t been at all dry this entire winter which is a miracle. I also love to use this on my cuticles.
Osmia Organics Linden Rose Hand Cream – Best.Hand.Cream.Ever. Yep, I said it, and I mean it. Looking for a hand cream that won’t leave a greasy residue left over? This is it. It moisturizes so well and sinks in immediately and the scent of rose lingers all day long. Love.
Badger Balm Damascus Rose Facial Oil and Badger Balm Damascus Rose Beauty Balm are such lovely additions to my beauty routines, especially with the weather being so cold. My skin needs extra pampering lately and these two products are wonderful. I use the beauty balm for just about everything and the rose facial oil is one of my favorite nighttime facial oils. I wake up with refreshed and glowing skin every time I use it.
Pollen & Wax Roses & Roses Complexion Clay - I mentioned this complexion clay in my Pollen & Wax Brand Focus Review and I am still really enjoying it. I love to mix this with honey. It’s great for my sensitive skin!
Terra Essentials Aromatherapy Rose Roll-On - This beautiful rose essential oil blended in jojoba oil comes with rose quartz gemstones. It’s the most delicate roll-on fragrance and so incredibly relaxing. I love to carry this in my purse.
Did You Know…?
- It is suspected that the rose was probably the very first flower from which rose oil and rose water were distilled; possibly in the 10th Century Persia.
- A very large quantity of rose petals is needed to produce a very small quantity of oil. Thus, it is very costly. Thankfully only a small amount of rose oil is needed in therapeutic preparations.
- The natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling smooth. Rose is especially beneficial for those with sensitive skin because the sugars in its petals create a soothing feeling.
- Naturally antibacterial rose essential oil makes can help treat acne and acne-prone skin. Combined with its cleansing properties, rose makes an ideal ingredient in face washes and cleansers..
- The rose also offers a soothing property to the nerves and emotional /psychological state of mind. It is regarded as a mild sedative and anti-depressant. It is increasingly used in treatments for conditions of stress: nervous tension, peptic ulcers, heart disease, among others. When used aromatically, rose calms and soothes the mind. In fact, rose petals are a staple in Ayurvedic medicine to detoxify and calm.
- It is important to ensure that the product contains the genuine natural rose oil. Many manufacturers label their products containing rose essence but it could be synthetic. Synthetic rose ingredients have no therapeutic value at all!
Are you a fan of Roses? Please feel free to share with me some of your favorite rose-related products. Also have you tried any of the products mentioned above?
Find Me On…
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only review and recommend products and brands I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith unless stated otherwise.*