There are many amazing eyeliners on the market but many of them contain extremely harmful ingredients. I have searched for really clean eyeliners that work well and don’t irritate my eyes and although I have come across a few eye pencils that I do love, my current favorite gel eyeliner from 100% Pure that I use regularly. I also like the idea of having my own back-up recipe in case I run out of the eyeliner or if I just want an even more natural eyeliner to use. I really love to create glamorous, cat-eye looks. I was tempted to make something myself that was not only affordable but easy to create, that would last me all day! Let’s face it, raccoon eyes are not ideal!
I decided to try Activated Charcoal as I have bottles of the capsules around my house (activated charcoal has amazing benefits for the stomach, intestines and is sufficient at pulling toxins out of our bodies). I noticed how rich and black the powder in the capsules were and thought to mix it with water to make an eyeliner. After researching online I found out that it is a pretty popular ingredient to create homemade eyeliners. You can make the eyeliner with just the charcoal and water but I find that the oil helps to make the liner more creamy and long-lasting, almost like a gel-liner or liquid-liner. This liner lasted me all day without smudging or getting runny!! I’m impressed!
This recipe calls for only two ingredients and is extremely easy to make, a little messy, but oh-so worth it for cleopatra-like eyes😉
What You Need:
- Activated Charcoal Capsules (you can find these in drugstores)
- Coconut Oil (or any oil of your choice)
What To Do:
- Open up 1-3 charcoal capsule and pour the powder into a tiny bowl or empty eyeshadow pot.
- Add in a 1/2 teaspoon of Coconut Oil. (more or less depending on how thick you want your liner to be)
- Stir the charcoal and the coconut oil with your finger, a spoon, sticks or an eyeliner brush until the eyeliner is liquid and paint-like.
- Store the mixture in an empty eyeshadow pan or pot or any type of jar with a lid that you can keep the eyeliner in.
- Use an eyeliner brush to apply the liner to your eyes and you’re all done!
- For blacker liner: Add more activated charcoal to mixture
- For thicker liner: Add less coconut oil to mixture
Notes: Making this eyeliner can be a bit messy as you can see above. Try not to get it on your clothes! It will wash off skin but you will see that it is very long-wearing as it took me a few washes to get the mixture off of my fingers and hands!! The coconut oil makes the liner last longer than if it were just mixed with water. You can also make mascara and eyeshadow using these ingredients.
Have you ever made your own eyeliner or other makeup products?
If you enjoyed this post you might also like…
Find Me On…
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only recommend products that I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith unless stated otherwise.*