This is a really easy and affordable way to give your hair a deep treatment!
These three simple ingredients that you can find in your own pantry are not just good for eating but also have amazing benefits for skin and hair.
Apply this mask at least once a week and you will have beautiful, shiny and healthy hair!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey (I highly recommend using this or this honey)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (this is the Olive Oil I use and love)
What To Do:
- Mix two whole eggs with two tablespoons of olive oil. Add in the honey and mix until creamy.
- Smooth through from roots to ends of your hair until completely covered. Cover your hair with a plastic wrap or shower cap and leave for one hour. Rinse with warm water and shampoo (this is the shampoo I use) until hair is no longer sticky. Use conditioner if necessary. The mixture will only be sticky until you rinse it out and once it’s out your hair will feel so soft and conditioned!
- Get ready to have smooth and healthy looking hair!
OTHER TIPS FOR HEALTHY HAIR:
– An organic/natural diet concentrating on the highest quality foods you can find will help you the most. I also rely on superfoods like maca powder, ashitaba, chlorella, ashwagandha and many more of my favorites from Sun Potion for powerful nutritional boosts. Each day I take an omega fatty acid supplement as well as a womens multi-vitamin. Healthy body = Healthy hair.
– I always filter my shower and sink water to eliminate chlorine and other chemicals in tap water that dull hair and dry out the skin.
– Purchase a silk pillow case. I love the feeling of pure silk on my skin at night, and the hair benefits are incredible. I awaken to less tangles and more manageable hair as well as softer skin.
– Limit the use of hairdryers, straighteners, and curling irons. Heat appliances can be very damaging to delicate hair. Occasional use is fine of course, but use a few drops of jojoba or argan oil, lightly brushed through your hair for heat protection is recommended. Try and let hair dry naturally as much as possible.
– Use the correct hairbrush (I use this + this & this) The best brush for long straight hair is a wide paddle brush. It helps keep the hair smooth and silky. And the extra wide surface makes brushing quicker and easier.
– Scrunchies are your friends! They help prevent hair damage with the flexibility of elastic but covered in soft fabric.
– Shampoo your hair 1-3 x per week at most. (this is my favorite shampoo) The ultimate goal should be once or twice per week. Overdoing shampoo washes away the natural oils in your hair. I use my DIY dry shampoo recipe in-between regular shampoos.
– Rinse hair with apple cider vinegar 1-2 x per week. Add one part ACV to one part warm filtered water and apply after shampooing. Leave in hair for a few minutes then rinse. There are unlimited benefits to adding this to your hair care regimen. ACV is a natural conditioner, helps remove product build up, won’t strip or dry the hair, and contains antibacterial + antifungal properties which help heal itchy + dry scalp conditions.
Wellness and organic natural beauty are always cultivated from the inside ~ out. And this I know for sure!
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only recommend products that I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith unless stated otherwise.*