For today’s Tea Time post I bring you a review and giveaway of the delicious Belight Tea which is an herbal tea blend of pu-erh tea plus 5 Chinese medicine herbs including: Sacred Lotus Leaf, Chinese Hawthorn Fruit, Gynostemma, Hemp Seeds, and Cassia Seeds.
A deep understanding of the principles of Chinese medicine indicates the tea and herbs in Belight may:
- Nourish digestive “Qi” (“Qi” is energy or life force in Chinese medicine)
- Aid digestion and settle the stomach
- Minimize cravings for sweet and salty foods
- Reduce stress response and cortisol production
- Block storage of dietary fats, particularly when drunk after meals
- Clear “dampness” (a pathogenic evil thought to lead to excess fat storage)
- Moisten and move wastes out of the lower digestive tract
I have been drinking this tea for a few weeks now and I love the taste of it. I prefer not using honey to sweeten this tea because it has such a earthy flavor to it that doesn’t require sweetness (although it is delicious with honey as well!) I don’t drink this tea specifically for weight loss but I have noticed that my tummy feels and looks flatter after I drink this regularly and my clothes are fitting better as well. If you aren’t looking to lose weight, you can still drink this tea as it’s benefits are more than just weight loss and are beneficial to have daily for regular and healthy digestion and metabolism.
A little bit more about this tea…
Belight is an herbal tea blend with a formulation based on a lifetime of research by a well-respected doctor of Chinese Medicine, an ancient science more than 2,000 years old. With superb knowledge of Chinese herbs, their effects, and synergies when properly combined, Dr. Zhang developed the formula on which Belight is based to help people control their weight. Each herb in Chinese medicine has countless uses, applications, and functions, but only scholars of Chinese herbs can begin to recognize the nuances and synergistic effects beyond textbook knowledge. It was by developing this expertise and studying more closely how hunger/satiety signals, digestion, elimination, and ultimately body weight responded to various combinations of herbs that Dr. Zhang began his formulation. After yet more years of study and experimentation, the optimal combination and proportions were established. And that is the foundation for Belight.
**This tea is Gluten Free, Sugar Free and does not contain any artificial colorings, flavorings, or additives.**
To win your very own box of Belight Tea, please do the following:
- Subscribe to my blog (on the sidebar of the main page there is a section that says to “follow this blog via email”)
- Like BeautyByBritanie and BelightTea on Facebook (if you have an account)
- Kindly leave a comment including your name, email address and what your favorite teas are!
THAT’S IT! I will pick the winner at random on 4/25/13 and announce it back on this post.
*THE WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY IS SHANDY! CONGRATULATIONS!*
Find Me On…
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only recommend products that I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith unless stated otherwise.*