The Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder SPF 20 is simply wonderful. I have been using it for months as I wanted to test it out thoroughly before recommending it because I have had bad luck with mineral foundations in the past. I am usually cautious about mineral foundations as I have dry skin and I notice that the loose powder can often make dry skin more noticeable and many mineral foundations contain Bismuth Oxychloride and Talc both of which can cause itchiness, breakouts and skin sensitivity which puts many people off to the idea of mineral foundations in general. Another huge thing with mineral foundations is that many do not contain much or enough coverage depending on your preference.
The Amazing Base is truly miraculous at building product without ever looking cakey and providing beautiful coverage. I use the color “Light Beige” which suits my fair complexion perfectly. I highly recommend this to anyone who is a fan of mineral foundations or who has had bad experiences in the past and is looking for one that will do the job of covering what needs to be covered all while looking natural, flawless and without causing skin irritations.
- Provides Broad Spectrum SPF 20 and UVA P++ protection that is water resistant for up to 40 minutes.
- Provides exceptional coverage, including redness and brown spots.
- Free of oil, talc, dyes and parabens.
- Ideal for people who suffer from skin problems such as eczema or rosacea.
How To Use:
- Remove the seal or puncture holes for controlled flow of the minerals. Replace lid, turn upside down and tap. The minerals are now released into the sifter.
- Cleanse the face and moisturize.
- Lightly dip each side of our Chisel Powder Brush into the minerals. Tap off any excess using the side of the jar.
- Using the lid, work the minerals into the brush until all powder is absorbed.
- Apply the minerals in thin layers using downward strokes. If you’ve put on too much, use our Flocked Sponge to remove any excess. Begin application where you want the most coverage, then lightly layer over the rest of the face. Don’t forget your neck.
- Apply Absence Oil Control Primer to smooth the surface of the skin before putting on the minerals. Absence controls oil and helps prevent color change. Good for dry skins, too.
- If the minerals look powdery, wait a few minutes for the skin’s natural oils to emerge, or spritz with D2O, Balance or POMMISST.
- To “pull” the center of the face out and give more definition to the overall look, use a lighter base in the aesthetic triangle and a darker one on the perimeter.
- Less is more. It’s better to layer the minerals than try to cover everything at once. You will be surprised at how much coverage you get with very little product.
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 14%, Zinc Oxide 6%. Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens.
Have you ever tried the Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you have a favorite mineral foundation? Please share your thoughts and opinions in the comments!
Find Me On…
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only recommend products that I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith unless stated otherwise.*