Hi everyone, I hope you are all enjoying 2014 so far. I’m back with my first makeup look for 2014!
I wanted to quickly talk about healthy expectations. With the pressure so many of us put on ourselves for New Years Resolutions, let’s each begin with a few important small steps. Changing over just one mainstream makeup item for a new clean product. Drinking an extra glass of water. Having a healthy vitamin packed green smoothie for breakfast to start our day right. Making an honest effort to keep our thinking positive. Smiling and laughing more. Just begin now. You’ll be amazed at what you will have accomplished within just one week.
Now onto the makeup… 🙂
1. I prepped my face with Vapour Organic Beauty Stratus Instant Skin Perfector and then applied the new Kjaer Weis Foundation in the color “Like Porcelain”. I started out using the Kjaer Weis Foundation Blush to apply to smaller areas on my face like around my nose and my eyes. I then blended everything out with a damp Beauty Blender.
2. Instead of adding a blush I decided to mix together my RMS Beauty Buruti Bronzer and Living Luminizer which created a very subtle warm glow to the cheeks, cheekbones and temples.
3. For the eyes I used the Bdellium Tools Green Bambu Smoky Eye Brush Kit to apply two colors from the Jane Iredale Glamour Eye & Lip Palette and Kjaer Weis Wisdom Eyeshadow. I started with RMS Beauty Living Luminizer as an eyelid primer and base all over the lid using my fingers. I then applied Wisdom (a metallic taupe shimmer) with the 777B Shadow Brush and lightly applied Merlot (a matte eggplant color) to the crease of my eyes with the 781B Crease Brush and blended really well. I then used a 760B Liner Brush to apply the Zuzu Luxe Raven Liquid Liner. Using a liner brush can help to give you a more sturdy line. To make my eyes pop I added Hush (a sheer shimmer pink color) to the inner corners of my eyes using the 716 Smoky Eyeliner Brush. I curled my lashes, applied one coat of Kjaer Weis Mascara and applied EcoTools Eyelashes
4. For my brows I used the Jane Iredale Bitty Brow Kit in the color “Brunette”.
5. For my lips I wanted to use one of my absolute favorite lip products and colors: Kjaer Weis Sensuous Plum Lip Tint – it gives the perfect almost nude plum tint to the lips and I found that W3LL People Paganist Lipgloss in #2 wears very well over top! It adds a warm glow to the plum that is very flattering.
a few photos of me wearing this look with my best friend Natasha from the other night 🙂
What do you think of this look? Have you tried any of the products mentioned? Leave your thoughts in the comments section!
Find Me On…
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only review and recommend products and brands I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith unless stated otherwise.*
20 thoughts on “Green Beauty Makeup Look and Healthy Expectations”
I mean really… save some beautiful for the rest of us! 😉
I’m really tempted by the Kjaer Weis foundation lately as I love a matte(ish) base! but I need to save my pennies as it’s a little more expensive in the UK! & also the Jane Iredale brow kit is on my list, I really want to give the bold brows thing a go 😉 xxx
Gahh you’re too kind!! 😉
If you like a matte finish then I think you will really like the Kjaer Weis Foundation. It’s a very unique finish in that it stays matte but yet gives you a glow at the same time. Its definitely expensive and something to save up for but it’s one of those products that make you feel super glamorous when you use 🙂 I also love that once you buy the compact you can just get the refillables after, that makes it so much more affordable. The Jane Iredale Brow Kit is great! I say go for the bold brows! it’s fun to play around with!
The foundation looks really nice indeed.!!!! x
Interesting article! I was wondering… do you a good product to cover things? I have a sort of dark green spots on my face, especially on my upperlip. You don’t see it when it is dark but when the sun is shining…
Fantastic look! Love the natural (no make-up) look. You look like you’re not even wearing foundation! I have never heard of that brand Kjaer Weis (apparently I have been living under a rock!). Do you know if they sell very light-coloured foundation as well? I have a very pale skin and have a lot of difficulty finding a foundation that is not too orangy. Thank you and absolutely love the look!
You ladies are absolutely gorgeous! Good tip with the eyeliner brush for the Zuzu Luxe eyeliner. The applicator on that thing is not my favorite. LIke every other green girl on the planet, I can’t wait to try the Kjaer Weis foundation as well! You’ve put the Jane Iredale brow kit on my radar. I just hope that it is not too dark, as I haven’t found anything I like to replace my MAC coquette for brows.
So pretty! And I pretty much have the same exact goals for the New Year. 🙂
The Grass Skirt
Thank you 🙂 That’s wonderful!
You look beautiful! I’ve tried the vapour stratus which I love and the KW blush which I adore! New year resolutions put too much pressure on completing them that we end up not completing them at all. I like your idea better 🙂
Thank you 🙂 I agree completely. I just think adding stress to your life by pressuring yourself is never a good idea. It’s always best to make small changes every day 🙂
Is the Beauty Blender the key with the Kjaer Weiss foundation? I tried it today with the Stratus and it was so difficult to blend and settled into my pores. It was very obvious that I was wearing foundation, I was using my fingers to apply it though. Thank you!
I find that it gives the best coverage and look when using the beauty blender and I’ve heard that from other people as well. Are you also using a good moisturizer before applying the foundation? That is also key for me, especially with having dry skin. I would recommend applying a moisturizer, then the vapour and then dab on the kjaer weis foundation with your fingers and blend out with a damp beauty blender and see if it works better for you!
Thank you! I’ve been looking at Beauty Blenders for a while and I think now I’ll finally pick one up 🙂
Do you like it better than the W3ll People stick foundation?
It’s such a lovely look 🙂 Think I need to get my hands on the Jane Iredale Brow Kit! 🙂 x
I’ve been interested in trying a beauty blender, but I’m wondering if you use sunscreen, then apply foundation, would using a damp beauty blender dilute the sunscreen?
So perhaps it wouldn’t be a technique to use with sunscreen?
You are such a natural beauty Britanie!
I have been following your blog for a while and miss some of the posts about the drugstore finds or (for lack of better words) cheaper makeup.
I do love the luxe brands and I know they last a long time but there has to be some deals and steals out there still right?!
Also, just tried out the lavender shampoo by Andalou Naturals and thought of you. It is fantastic! You might like it 🙂
The way you do makeup is amazing, also your eyes are absolutely gorgeous! Where is your top/jacket from, it’s beautiful xx