DIY | Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse for Shiny, Healthy Hair

This is my secret to shiny, beautiful hair. I swear by this hair rinse. My hair has never, ever looked healthier than when I started to use this!!

This is such an easy at home hair recipe. It literally takes seconds to prepare! I promise just after doing this one time you will see an immediate difference in your hair! It’s amazing. Apple Cider Vinegar works by removing unwanted hair build up. It restores the natural pH balance of your hair and can kill bacteria that may be caused from buildup left behind by your hair products. The rinse can also help to sooth itchy and dry scalps and dandruff.

Be sure to get the good stuff. Choose an organic brand of raw apple cider vinegar for the most beauty benefits.

What You Will Need:

• 1 part raw apple cider vinegar
  • 1 part water

Directions:

• Mix apple cider vinegar and water together.
  • After shampooing, pour mixture into your hair. Massage into scalp. Let sit for 5-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water, finish with cold water.
  • No need to use conditioner after! The apple cider vinegar will leave your hair feeling so soft!

Notes:

• The smell is strong at first but it will fade away!
  • Repeat this rinse once a week to maintain shiny and healthy hair.
  • You can store your ACV mix in a jar or spritz bottle. Whatever you prefer! best if stored in a cool, dry place.
  • Be careful not to get the ACV in your eyes!!!

Have you ever used Apple Cider Vinegar for your hair? Feel free to share your experiences!!

xoxo,

Britanie

Find Me On…

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | PHOTOGRAPHY | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM

*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only recommend products that I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith unless stated otherwise.*

About Britanie Faith

Blog of Britanie Faith. Organic and Natural Beauty Advocate, Green Makeup Artist, Herbalist, Photographer, Lover of Fashion and Vintage-Finds, Creator of Concoctions, Health and Wellness Enthusiast. This blog features original and inspired concoctions, recipes, tips, product reviews, life updates, musings, makeup looks, fashion, vintage finds, and my everyday life and all of it's joys and struggles.
This entry was posted in DIY Beauty, Hair and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to DIY | Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse for Shiny, Healthy Hair

1. clara says:

hi Britanie!
    wow, you have amazing hair!!
    last year I tried going “no poo” for a few weeks, that is washing hair with baking soda and ACV rinse..
    my hair looked much more voluminous….my coworkers kept asking if i suddenly got hair extension, as my hair was that different!
    i finally gave up as I never found a balance – sometimes my hair were fine, othertimes got quite dirty and limp…
    i might try ACV rinse only! thanks for the tip!

• Hey Clara!

Thank you so much!!! :) I have always had pretty good hair but I swear the ACV rinse has just made my hair look infinitely better!!! It could have been that maybe you were using the rinse too much or maybe you didn’t need the added baking soda in the rinse. The ACV is good to use just once a week to maintain the shine and volume! If you try out the rinse please let me know how it works for you! I noticed a different immediately! I have to hold myself back from doing the rinse every time I shower because it’s that good but I don’t want to over do it so I am going to try and only do it once a week!!

xo

• Clara says:

Hi Britanie!
        Yes, i did never find a good balance, but i heard that everyone goes through a similar phase, and then the hair naturally balances…
        I also gave up bcs i was afraid the baking soda would ruin my hair color..:)
        I will try the ACV rinse, just once a week is enough, also bcs i have oilier scalp… I will let you know!
        By the way, i am now using henna, and found it has improved my hair a lot!
        xo

2. Wow Britanie, your hair! It’s like the voice of health! How does it grow that way, please more hair advice for us! I love apple cider vinegar for hair, I’m pretty certain my Ph is way off, I see it in my scalp as well. So cider and tea tree are my saviors! xoxo

• Thank you darling!!!! that’s so sweet!!!! I honestly think my hair health is due to my diet and supplements! I will be doing a hair health post soon and will mention everything that I do every day that I believe contributes to healthy hair! Apple Cider Vinegar is amazing for hair and skin! Everyone has a Ph that is off, that’s why it is good to do this rinse once a week to maintain the balance! I love tea tree as well!! so amazing for everything!

3. I love to do this myself!!!
    And, there are times I’ll go months without buying shampoo. I’ll use baking soda & ACV is my hair/scalp cleanser and condition with coconut oil. It’s amazing…

4. fridaspeach says:

You are stunning :)
    Beautiful!

Hugs
    Frida

5. Pingback: My Current Haircare Routine and the “No-’Poo” Method |

6. Pingback: DIY | Natural and Non-Toxic Black Eyeliner – Beauty By Britanie

7. Anonymous says:

Is it still okay to use conditioner after ACV? How about before?

8. Trying this asap! Thanks for the post. BTW where did you get that adorable container you put your mixed rinse in?

9. Pingback: Go Natural! Why You Should Use Organic Hair and Beauty Products : NACMME

10. Pingback: DIY | Clarifying Rooibos Facial Toner – Beauty By Britanie

11. Erica says:

So I came across this article a few weeks ago and after trying it a few times I gotta say, WOW. I have thick dark curly Spanish hair and after using every shampoo/conditioner combo known to man I’ve never had anything make my hair as shiny and healthy as ACV. I was just wondering if it would be ok to do this evey time I wash my hair? After doing this 4 times over a few weeks I’ve had no dryness problems. The only problem I’ve had is the smell from the vinegar :/

12. Pingback: DIY | Ayruvedic Inspired Hydrating and Purifying Face Mask – Beauty By Britanie

13. Hanna says:

AMAZING!! I was very sceptical at first because my hair has been dyed 1 000 000 times before and is just a hollow keratin tube with chemicals in it. But this made my hair most of all airy, weightless, and shiny!! Usually my hair is stiff and limp and just hangs there unless I use many products to lift it. It’s like having normal hair again :D -The girl who will not dye her hair again.

14. Pingback: Natural Haircare Review | Morrocco Method Heavenly Chi Shampoo and Chi Instant Conditioner – Beauty By Britanie

15. Pingback: Homemade Secret to Shiny, Healthy Hair — How To Be Perfect Woman

16. This is such a great use for always-miraculous apple cider vinegar. I also like to use it as a toner on skin with eczema or dermatitis!

Great post, and gorgeous hair!
    Natasha

17. Leah Kate says:

This has made my hair sooooooo soft and bouncy! I didn’t mix it with water though, and that may be the reason it burned like acid when it touched my skin! However, it still LOVE the results! God bless, Leah Kate

18. Heather says:

I’m on day 5 of baking soda/ACV shampoo and conditioner…. and I’ve read it takes about 2 weeks for the oily-ness to lessen… but right now I have a bad combination of really greasy/oily hair and really dry….like starch….. I’ve tried less baking soda and more like a paste…. I’ve tried more ACV and less… I’ve tried combing it in the shower, which helps ever so slightly, but basically I’m tearing my hair out trying to comb it. I can’t rub it into my scalp much b/c it will knot it even more than it becomes. I brush it before the shower and it gets knotted instantly after the shampoo and the conditioner doesn’t help with softness…. what am I doing wrong….???
    I know the typical shampoos and conditioners were causing my hair to fall out, but this isn’t better b/c i’m tearing it out to comb it. I’ve got highlighted longer hair and it’s very thin and thinning….
    Help!!!!

19. Kat says:

I will give this a try – I don’t use shampoo any more, but I do “wash” my hair with conditioner only. I massage it in and rinse out. I’ve been using this method for a year now. I use Organix brand; Brazilian keratin therapy. It doesn’t make my hair oily though I have tried brands that did – yuck. I’m excited to check out more of your natural beauty ideas – thanks!

20. Carol says:

If I do this once a week. Do I condition my hair all the other day in between?

21. Elisabeth says:

I love the baking soda/acv combination, but with my scalp being very oily and the tips being dry, the acv doesn’t condition my hair enough. Any tips?