This is currently my favorite body scrub that I have created! The mix of fresh lavender and subtle vanilla is such a relaxing scent and great to use before bed!
Body scrubs are so easy and fun to make and are extremely affordable. It’s not necessary to spend money on high-end body scrubs when you can make your own with an infinite amount of options! Once you start to use body scrubs on a regular basis, you will be hooked!
This scrub will leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized! You may not even have to moisturize with lotion or oil after bathing or showering when using this scrub. I have severely dry skin and find that when I use this my skin stays moisturized long enough to not even need to use anything else for moisture!
Another bonus is that while making this, the entire kitchen smells like Lavender and Vanilla! So you are not only getting softer skin, but aromatherapy benefits as well!
- Organic Lavandin Essential Oil
- Vanilla Essential Oil
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Brown Sugar
- Fresh Lavender Buds
- Crush fresh Lavender buds (I used 1/2 cup) and mix with Sugar (1 cup) with a mortar and pestle (if you have one).
- Add in five drops of Lavandin or Lavender Oil and Vanilla Oil
- Mix the lavender buds, sugar and essential oils
- Stir in one tablespoon of Coconut Oil, mix well until everything is blended
- Store in glass jar and leave in bathroom or fridge
- I used Lavandin in this recipe because I was out of my Lavender Oil but you can use either! They are essentially the same.
- You can substitute white sugar for the brown if you prefer a lighter exfoliation.
- Organic Essential Oils are always the best but again sometimes more expensive so don’t fret about it too much!
- I usually buy my oils and jars from Mountain Rose Herbs, but was out of the ingredients from past scrubs! I am expecting a big shipment soon!
- Please be careful after using any body scrub with oil in it as it will make your tub slippery! Make sure to wash after using!
What is your favorite body scrub? If you make this body scrub please let me know what you think of it!
If you liked this post you might also like these posts…
Find Me On…
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only recommend products that I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith*