I came up with this recipe on my own as I was really craving a squash soup but most of the recipes I found contained things like onion and garlic which unfortunately I have a very hard time digesting. A lot of the soups also contained a milk type ingredient and I really just wanted something very simple and yet delicious and filling. I came up with this simple recipe which only contains three ingredients and is really comforting and yummy! Perfect for Fall, for anyone who likes soup and also great for anyone with digestive issues as it’s really easy to digest and contains such simple ingredients. Enjoy!
What you will need for this recipe:
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Japanese Sweet Potato
- 3 Carrots
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 and cut up the butternut squash and the sweet potato and put them on an oiled baking sheet. Bake for 45 mins to an hour or when the squash and sweet potato are soft. (roasting brings out the sweetness of the vegetables so you don’t want to burn them)
- While you are waiting for the squash and sweet potato to bake, start cutting up the three carrots. put them in a frying pan with a little grapeseed oil. cook on low heat.
- Once you feel that the carrots are soft enough to stick a fork through, transfer them to a large pot filled with two liters of water. Bring the carrots and water to a boil.
- When you feel the squash and sweet potatoes are done, transfer them into the boiling pot and let simmer.
- Put all ingredients in a vita-mix or other blender and blend really well.
- When soup is cool, add half a teaspoon of ground nutmeg, add salt and pepper to taste!
Let me know if you try this recipe out and what you think! I have been having it for lunch every day and I love it!
3 thoughts on “Food For Thought | Roasted Butternut Squash, Japanese Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup.”
I LOVE butternut squash soup! Make mine slightly differently but it’s SO good! By the way, where did you find a Japanese sweet potato? Never heard of it! 🙂 ❤
Hey! I love butternut squash soup too! it’s my favorite. How do you make yours? Japanese sweet potatoes can be hard to find. I only see them once and awhile at my local Co-op market but they are rarely in! If you ever come across them definitely try one – they are so sweet and delicious!
I will! Although I have a feeling they won’t be in my local supermarket or farmers market any time soon as I live on a small Island in the north sea! 🙂 I’m actually thinking to post that recipe, so you’ll see it on the blog soon. It’s super easy & tasty ❤