I recently did an in-depth review(here) on some products from the lovely Osmia Organics which I received a lot of feedback on and was so happy to recommend the products to people because I truly only share the products that I use and love myself on my blog. All of my opinions are always honest. I wanted to try out more of Osmia’s goodies as I could not get enough and I ordered a few times and I was also sent some samples of a few other items which I have been trying out for the past few weeks and wanted to give my opinions on because I am still blown away by how amazing everything is.
osmia means “sense of smell”. every osmia product is made with utmost attention to the scent and its aromatherapeutic benefits.
osmia skin care products are made using organic and natural ingredients. certain ingredients, while natural and plant-derived, are made in a laboratory, such as cetearyl alcohol and glyceryl stearate. here are the things that osmia products do not contain: parabens and phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate (or other similar sulfates), petroleum-based ingredients, synthetic fragrance, including fragrance oils or fragrance-based preservatives, artificial colors, ingredients that involve animal cruelty.
Finely ground, organic walnut hulls in a sandalwood cream base with rhassoul clay and aspen bark extract give a balanced combination of resurfacing and replenishment.
- For: Dry, Combination, Normal, or Oily Skin
- Ingredients: water, disodium cocoamphodiacetate (coconut-derived surfactant), black walnut hull powder*, manuka honey*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil*, oat flour*, rhassoul clay, witch hazel extract, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, sorbitan olivate, cetearyl olivate, leuconostoc/arundinaria gigantea ferment filtrate, hypericum perforatum (St. John’s Wort) extract (and) caprylic/capric triglyceride, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) CO2 extract*, populus tremuloides (aspen bark) extract, curcuma xanthorrhiza root extract, proprietary blend of wild and organic essential oils
- How To Use: only a tiny amount (pea-sized) of this dark paste is needed. using the lightest pressure, massage in tiny circles with your fingers (not a washcloth) over your wet face and neck for about 60 seconds, and rinse clean. use once every 7-10 days.
- My Thoughts: I first noticed how small the bottle is! I was expecting it to be large but never even noticed on the website it clearly states it is 0.50 ounces! That may seem like a very small amount for $26.00 but honestly the TINIEST amount of this scrub goes a really, really long way. It is also meant to only be used every 7-10 days. With that in mind I do think that although it is not a huge amount that it is still worth the price. It literally removes every dead skin cell off of my face without leaving it dry or irritated or even red! My biggest tip would be to really make sure to not scrub too much with this because it is extremely intense and is not meant to be scrubbed into the face with anything more than a very light pressure. I find that even with my sensitive skin that using this scrub every few days does not leave my skin irritated at all. I really love this stuff. I am going to need to get back ups!
hyaluronic acid encourages moisture retention in the skin, and botanical extracts support collagen function to help keep the skin firm.
- For: Dry, Combination and Normal Skin
- Ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, glycerin, camellia sinensis (white tea)* extract, calendula officinalis extract*, hydrolyzed rice protein, oat beta glucan, leuconostoc/arundinaria gigantea ferment filtrate, niacinamide (vitamin B3), sclerotium rolfsii gum, hydrolyzed oats, hyaluronic acid, proprietary blend of organic essential oils.
- How To Use: use after cleansing on moist skin, before an oil serum or a moisturizer
- My Thoughts: This is actually my favorite item of all of the Osmia Organics products I have used!! It’s close with the Rose Clay Facial Soap but I absolutely LOVE this stuff. I have been using it every night after cleansing and before using an oil based serum or moisturizer and it literally makes my skin glow and feel tightened and I have noticed that any redness I had or irritation has disappeared since using this. I only have a sample of this so I will be purchasing the full size once it runs out because I honestly have not gone a night without using this since receiving it – I love it that much.
powerful essential oils combat bacteria and dry out blemishes and evening primrose oil prevents over drying and heals the skin
- For: All skin types
- Ingredients: organic evening primrose oil and essential oils of lavender*, cajeput*, lemon*, parsley, thyme, cypress*, and rosemary CO2* (*organic)
- How To Use: Apply to blemishes 2-4 times a day.
- My Thoughts: I forgot to include this in my photo above because I keep this in my purse at all times just in case of a blemish emergency! It’s so easy to carry around in my purse which I love. I couldn’t have received this at a better time because I was having a horrible time with my skin last week (due to hormonal issues) and I had at least three stubborn breakouts that would not go away. I put this on my blemishes before bed and woke up with them gone!!! I love the smell. My boyfriend made a comment about me smelling like lemons when he kissed me. It’s very powerful but if you like the smell of fresh lemons and essential oils then you will not mind it at all!
black australian clay and dead sea mud balance the skin while organic almond, avocodo, and castor bean oils condition.
- For: normal and combination skin.
- Ingredients: saponified organic oils/butters of olive, palm kernel, mango, sweet almond, coconut, castor, avocado, and jojoba, organic coconut milk, dead sea mud, hematite (australian black) clay, proprietary blend of organic essential oils, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) antioxidant, mixed tocopherols
- How To Use: use one to two times daily. rinse skin well and gently pat dry.
- My Thoughts: I was skeptical about this facial soap at first because I have very dry skin and this soap is recommended for normal to combination skin, however, because I fell in love with the Rose Clay Facial Soap I had to give this one a try as well and I am very glad I did! It did not leave my skin feeling tight or dry after and I felt almost as if I had used a mud mask on my face! My skin feels very, very clean after using this. I like it a lot but I think I will just be repurchasing the Rose Soap is it seems to go with my skin much better and I am a sucker for anything rose-scented 🙂
the smell of a hot summer night – floral and sweet, with a vanilla base. evokes memories of drinking honeysuckle nectar from the vines on the neighbors’ fence… this may be a limited run, depending on my ability to procure more of the amazing honeysuckle.
- My Thoughts: I received a sample of four natural scents and this is by far my favorite. They are all very unique and potent but this one really just caught my attention the most. It might be the vanilla base because I am obsessed with vanilla but I also love the hint of sweetness in this. It’s really beautiful and I like to wear it at night. It is definitely an investment but for such good quality and for being so unique and potent and being full of only healthy ingredients I think it is something that you shouldn’t feel guilty about splurging on! A little bit goes a long way too so I have a feeling the full bottle of this would last a while. It also mixes really well with other roll-on perfumes, especially vanilla or coconut scented. Yum.
Thank you again to the ever-so lovely Sarah of Osmia Organics for continually surprising me with the amazing benefits of your products. They have not only made me excited to take showers and to take off my makeup at night so that I can use everything but have also inspired me to not wear as much makeup anymore because my skin just looks and feels so much better. Everything is so luxurious. I am now a devoted fan!