I have talked (and raved) about the True Relaxation Stress Remedy for quite some time now, so imagine my surprise when I realized I never dedicated an entire post to this miracle worker? Shame on me. This oil deserves so much praise and I am going to give it just that. I am a huge fan of Hope Gillerman and am very passionate about spreading the word about how important essential oils are.
I don’t go a day without using Essential Oils in one way or another. There are so many ways to use them and I will share below the many ways I use this particular potent oil blend. I recommend this for anyone with stress, nervousness, anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, or if you just want to smell lovely! I also highly recommend checking out all of the blends of Hope Gillerman! I have reviews coming up soon for the Sinus Remedy and Jaw Clenching Remedy which I use daily as well.
100% USDA certified, organic essential oils of;
- Lavender – Lavender essential oil has a calming scent which makes it an excellent tonic for the nerves and anxiety issues. Therefore, it can also be helpful in treating migraines, headaches, depression, nervous tension and emotional stress. The refreshing aroma removes nervous exhaustion and restlessness while also increasing mental activity. It has a well-researched impact on the autonomic nervous system, which is why it is frequently used as a treatment for insomnia and also as a way to regulate heart-rate variability.
- Lavandin Grosso – The most important chemical components of Lavandin essential oil are camphor, lavandulol, camphene, cineole, linalyl acetate, limonene, terpinene, linalool, caryophyllene, ocimene and dipentene. These components contribute to its remedial properties like antiseptic, antidepressant, analgesic, vulnerary, expectorant, cicatrisant, nervine, antispasmodic and stimulant.
- Lavender Vera – Its sweet, floral scent of true lavender (and essential oil made from it) provides a variety of aromatherapy properties, ranging from soothing, calming, and relaxing, to normalizing, balancing, and healing.
- Vetiver – The essential oil of vetiver is a well known sedative. It sedates nervous irritations, afflictions, convulsions and emotional outbursts such as anger, anxiety, epileptic and hysteric attacks, restlessness, and nervousness. It even benefits patients that suffer from insomnia.
- Red Mandarin – Although the oil is a common sedative, its sedating action is more prominent in relaxing and calming nervous afflictions and disturbances. It can calm attacks of epilepsy, hysteria and convulsions. Furthermore, it removes stress and anxiety.
- Tangerine – The essential oil of tangerine soothes the body. It soothes all types of inflammation and hyperactivity in the organ systems functioning in the body, namely the respiratory, circulatory, digestive, nervous, and excretory systems. It sedates inflammation from fever, intrusion of poisonous substances in the blood stream from external sources, convulsions, anxiety, stress, and hypersensitivity of allergies. It also sedates depression, anger and impulsive responses.
- Sandalwood – This oil sedates inflammation, anxiety, fear, stress, and restlessness. Furthermore, it induces relaxation, calmness, concentration, inner vision, and positive thoughts.
- Blood Orange – The very smell of orange essential oil reminds you of happy moments and brings pleasant thoughts to mind. That is why this oil is so frequently used in aromatherapy. It creates a happy, relaxed feeling and works as a mood lifter, perfect for people who suffer from depression or chronic anxiety.
- Clary Sage – Clary Sage oil can induce a feeling of immense joy, confidence, pleasure and high spirits and fill you with the desire to live your life to the fullest. This is why it is frequently used to cure depression or chronic stress and anxiety. It is great for your nerves and It sedates nervous convulsions and other disorders such as nervousness, vertigo, anxiety, and hysteria.
This blend helps you find the composure to make thoughtful choices, so your day can flow smoothly. The serene lavender/citrus/woodsy scent soothe your senses.
The way you carry your bag or hold the steering wheel has an effect on your stress level throughout the day. See poster-sized insert for more relaxation tips and exercises.
Suffering from Anxiety, Stress, Panic Attacks?
I have personally found the Stress Remedy blend to be very helpful in both minor and severe situations involving stressful situations in my life. I have spoken openly on my blog about many of my health issues, including panic disorder which I have had on and off for years. In the past year, the panic came back stronger than ever and I have been doing whatever I can do to find natural ways to remedy the panic.
Of course I cannot tell anyone what will and work for them but I can share with you what has worked for me and what I have seen work for people around me. This blend is in my top 3 favorite Essential Oil blends out there and if you had any idea how many single and essential oils blends I own, you would know how much that means. This is a blend I can absolutely not be without and would (and do) recommend to anyone struggling with any type of anxiety, be it minor or severe.
I had a situation arise recently where I was in a public place and out of nowhere had a panic attack just hit me. If you’ve ever experienced a panic attack, you will know that feeling of overwhelming and all-consuming fear that comes over you and the confusion about why this is happening. Instead of taking prescription medicines, I reached for my Stress Remedy and I, albeit a bit franticly and shakily, dropped 2-3 drops into my hands, rubbed them together, and put them in front of my face. I sat there and just took deep breaths, over and over again. I then took my scarf which was around my neck and added another drop to that. I pulled the scarf closer to my face and the calming, warming scent of the blend started to make me calm down. My hands stopped shaking as much, my heart beat relaxed and I was able to get myself together.
How I use ‘Stress Remedy’:
When I am having an anxiety attack or just feeling generally stressed, I will add a drop to the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and cusp my hands over my face while taking a deep breath. I repeat this 5-10 times.
If I am going out for the day and not necessarily feeling anxious at the moment but want to prevent any panic from hitting, I add a drop to my wrist and neck as I would with a perfume. This blend smells so delicious and although at first is very strong, over time it wears down to a subtle Lavender scent with hints of Vetiver that is both calming and grounding. I have had people ask me what perfume I am wearing many times when wearing this blend!
Rub on the bottom of my feet right before bed. So relaxing and makes your feet feel incredibly soft. I dilute with fractionated coconut oil when using as a massage oil on my feet, back of neck or any other larger area of skin to avoid sensitivity.
Have you ever tried Stress Remedy or any other blends from Hope Gillerman? What are your thoughts? Please share in the comments!
Find Me On…
*All of my reviews are based on my own personal experiences with the brand/products. I received this product to review for free from the company but am never paid to give my honest opinions and will only review and recommend products and brands I love and use myself! All Photographs are (C) Britanie Faith unless stated otherwise.*